So what does this mean for food and beverage formulators, and how are US consumers thinking about self-care, health and wellness amid a pandemic? Netflix and ice cream? Taking time to exercise? Stocking up on vitamin C and probiotics? Trying to de-stress with CBD?
- Jeremiah McElwee, chief merchandising officer at online health & wellness marketplace Thrive Market
- Joan Driggs, VP content and thought leadership at IRI
- Mark Rohde, global business manager at DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences
- Anke Sentko, VP regulatory affairs and nutrition communication at the BENEO Institute
The first 45 minutes will be devoted to a panel discussion, followed by short presentations from DuPont and BENEO delving into more detail on hot topics including probiotics, prebiotics, ‘slow carbs’, and blood sugar management.
If you have particular questions you’d like our panelists to answer, please email email@example.com or message @EWatsonWrites on Twitter asap!
AGENDA: In our debate, moderated by FoodNavigator-USA editor Elaine Watson, we’ll discuss:
- How are consumers thinking about self-care, health & wellness?
- Will the ‘new normal’ be good or bad news for CBD, and where are the growth opportunities in functional foods and beverages as we navigate this pandemic?
- Will interest in immune health be sustained or is this a fad?
- Is spending money on functional foods and beverages seen as a smart investment in your health even in difficult times, or will a deep recession restrict the growth potential of functional foods and beverages?
- What diets, ingredients, or health & wellness trends have gaining traction on Thrive Market?
- What do online search terms tell us about what consumers are looking for at the moment?
- What is driving sales of probiotics and how has COVID-19 impacted the market?
- What are some of the emerging trends in probiotics beyond digestive and immune health, and where are the growth opportunities from an applications perspective?
- How are consumers comparing probiotics, what kind of research are they doing online, and what should they look for?
- Do all ‘fermented’ foods contain probiotics? How can brands communicate that benefits are strain specific?
- What are prebiotics and how do you talk to consumers about them?
- Will the concept of ‘prebiotics’ give fiber a new lease of life?
- Where are some of the new growth opportunities for products marketed as containing prebiotics?
Signing up gives you access to all of the webinars (when you get the confirmation email, select those you are interested in and add them to your calendar.)
The US-focused events are: