If you’re a CBD enthusiast, then you already know that National CBD Day falls on August 8, 2020. But if you’re new to the world of CBD, then you might want to know how the day came about, why you should celebrate it, and what you can do to make the most out of this fantastic day.
National CBD Day first came about two years ago on August 8, 2018. And while there are already two more well-known days for cannabis and CBD, this new date has been garnering quite some attention by both CBD companies as well as CBD aficionados from all walks of life.
Originally, the two most popular days to honor all things weed were April 20, or 4/20, for cannabis, and July 10, or 7/10, more commonly known as Cannabis Oil Day, which celebrates cannabis extracts and oils. Interestingly, the date for Cannabis Oil Day was specifically chosen because the date 710 looks very much like the word “Oil” when turned upside down.
National CBD Day, however, came about a bit differently than 4/20 and 7/10. In 2017, a CBD manufacturer based in North Carolina filed an application with the National Day Calendar of North Dakota. The firm, which promotes both old and new holidays, uses various media sources to make fun and interesting holidays more widely known. Once the application was received, National Day Calendar’s board then reviewed it, along with the 20,000 other applications it gets a year, and based on the rising popularity of CBD, the application passed with flying colors.
Why You Should Celebrate National CBD Day
National CBD Day comes but once a year, so you should definitely make the most of it! At the very least, you should use National CBD Day as a way to celebrate all that CBD has done for your health. Secondly, National CBD Day is a great excuse for you to share your love of CBD with others who might be looking for more information on the subject. But in case you’re searching for ways to make this day more memorable, we’ve come up with a few great ideas. And as an added bonus, further down in our article, you’ll discover some delicious and easy CBD-based recipes.
Celebrate Your Health
If CBD has helped you in any way, then why not celebrate by reflecting how far you’ve come with your health since you began taking it? A great way to do this is to start a journal detailing how you felt before taking CBD versus how you’re feeling at the present. Next, keep track of which CBD products helped you along the way. Were the gummies a great fit, or did the CBD oil do the trick? Time spent reflecting is time well spent.
FAB CBD Shares the Love on National CBD Day
Even though CBD might be common knowledge to a lot of people, there are still quite a few who are new to the game. Instead of celebrating National CBD Day by yourself, get a few friends together to share the love. When you pair your CBD experienced friends with your CBD curious friends, you’ll be giving those who don’t know that much about CBD a fantastic opportunity to learn from the first-hand experiences of those who regularly use it.
Not only that, but getting together with others can also give you the chance to try a host of different CBD products. Make no mistake about it, there’s definitely a lot to choose from. Some of the more popular CBD products on the market today include CBD gummies, full-spectrum CBD oil, topical CBD creams, and even CBD vapes. The good news is, you can find almost all of these products on the FAB CBD website.
Try Some Tasty Treats
We all have a favorite recipe that we go to when we’re craving something decadent and sweet. National CBD Day is the perfect time to take that recipe to the next level by adding in some CBD oil. Any recipe or drink can be made to be more exceptional through the addition of a little CBD oil.
Below are a few of our favorite recipes to get you started.
CBD Chocolate Mint Parfaits
This chocolatey mint dessert is refreshing, light, and perfect for any lazy summer afternoon. Feel free to play with the recipe and add in different types of ingredients such as chocolate cookie crumbles or shaved chocolate to turn up the guilt factor.
- 2 Cups Plus 1 Tablespoon Cold 2% Milk, Divided
- 1 Package (3.9 Ounces) Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- ¼ Tablespoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 Dropper Full of FAB’s 300mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil in Mint Flavor
- 1 Cup Whipped Topping
- Chocolate Mint Candies
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the sugar, cream cheese, mint extract, CBD oil, and remaining milk. Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Pour half of the pudding into four parfait glasses. Top with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layering until you run out of ingredients. Garnish with chocolate mint candies.
CBD Berries-N-Cream Popsicles
These popsicles are creamy, dreamy, and packed with delicious CBD. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also good for you. Nothing screams summer like fresh berries and cream. It’ll be hard to stop at just one!
- 1 ½ cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- 5 Tablespoons Honey, Divided
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Dropper Full of FAB’s 300mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil in Berry or Vanilla Flavor
- 2 Cups Frozen, Mixed Berries
- ¾ Cup Milk
- Mix yogurt, 3 tablespoons honey, vanilla, and CBD oil together. Place mixture into the fridge to cool.
- Puree berries, milk, and 2 tablespoons of honey in a blender until the mixture is smooth.
- In popsicle molds, alternate spooning yogurt mix and berry mix until you reach the close to the top.
- Freeze the molds for 2 hours, then remove from the freezer and add the sticks. Replace the molds back into the freezer and continue freezing until hard.
Boozy Bailey’s CBD Sundae Coffee Drink
This coffee is both a dessert and a drink! The best part is that anyone who makes this can tweak the recipe to suit their taste. Feel free to use either cream, milk, or half-and-half.
- 12 Cups Brewed Coffee
- 1 Pint French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 12 Fluid Ounces Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1-2 Droppers Full of FAB’s 300mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil in Vanilla Flavor
- Brew 12 cups of coffee. While the coffee is brewing, fill each coffee mug with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You will need to use large coffee mugs for this recipe. Mix Irish cream with the CBD oil. Top each scoop of ice cream with enough Irish cream to just lightly coat it.
- After the coffee is done brewing, pour it into each mug until the mugs are filled almost halfway up. Next, add more Irish cream, half-and-half, or sugar to suit your taste.
Don’t Let National CBD Day Pass You By
Regardless of how you spend National CBD Day, the point is that you spend it celebrating CBD in whatever way brings you the most joy. Whether you’re sharing CBD with friends, reflecting on your health journey through CBD use, or indulging in a sweet CBD-based treat, be sure to make this year’s National CBD Day the best one yet.