Do you need a mask to exercise indoors?
Fitness classes are being introduced in a phased approach, with additional classes scheduled in the coming weeks, the city announced Thursday afternoon. All activities in the centre are on a first-come, first-served basis.
New maximum participant numbers for classes follow government guidelines:
- Aqua fitness classes taking place in the Leisure Pool: maximum 20 participants
- Aqua fitness classes taking place in the Therapy Pool: maximum 8 participants
- Land fitness classes: maximum 15 participants
Drop-in sport activities will include badminton, tennis, pickleball and volleyball which will have a maximum number of 16 participants at any one time.
The public swimming schedule has been updated, with changes to some swimming times to allow for group fitness classes to resume.
The city says upon entry into the facility, health screening will be completed for safety and contact-tracing purposes. Visitors should allow 20 minutes before the class begins to complete the entry process, the city notes.
Face coverings are required in the facility except when performing physical activity, such as exercising, or while in the aquatic centre. Physical distancing of two metres from others throughout the building and during class is required.
The centre’s hours of operations are:
- Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to noon and 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to noon
© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.